Gosh, Valentine's Day crept up on us fast, but I am here to bring you a simple recipe to make for your pooches this holiday. I got the original recipe from The Ultimate Dog Treat Cookbook and then modified the recipe to suit what I had available, and to make it more Valentine's themed.
1/2 C Dog Food Kibble
2 C Grated Carrot
1/2 C Apple Sauce
3/4 C Beetroot
3 C Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Put the dog food kibble into a food processor or blender and grind until a course flour.
3. Use a food processor or blender to puree the grated carrots and beetroot.
5. Spoon the pureed mixture into a large bowl. Add the flour, ground dog food kibble and baking powder. Mix until a dough forms, and then knead with your hands until mixed well. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
7. Bake for about ten minutes or until the bottoms are brown, then flip over and bake for another ten minutes.
8. Let these cool thoroughly before storying in an airtight container.
I'd love to see your homemade dog treats for Valentine's Day. If you make these biscuits make sure to share them on our Facebook page, or #daisypets on Instagram. I would also love to know if you adjusted the recipe and how they turned out.