To make these cookies you will need:
- 1c Peanut Butter
- 3/4c Non-Fat Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2c Wholewheat flour
- 1T Baking Powder
- 1/4c Rolled Oats
- 3 strips Bacon
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Cook bacon and leave to the side to cool while you mix together the other ingredients.
3. In a bowl, mix together egg, peanut butter and milk. Add in the flour and the baking powder and mix again. This will start to become a tough mixture.
4. Chop up the bacon into tiny pieces. Add this and the rolled oats into the mixture. At this point you may need to use your hands to combine ingredients.
5. Roll out onto a floured work surface, and cut out your choice of shapes. You may do this with a cookie cutter, or freehand with a knife.
6. Put into the oven for 18 - 20 minutes, flip them over and continue to cook for an additional 8 - 10.
7. Leave to cool before serving.
Depending on the size of your cookies is how many you will make. Both times we managed to fill up two baking trays with treats, and this was enough to gift for 8+ dogs.
You can freeze these treats for up to 2 months, or keep them in a fridge for a week.
If you recreate these treats, we would love to see them so send us a photo on our Facebook or Instagram!